Cumberland Hospital treats children ages 2-22 with a medical diagnosis complicated by behavioral or psychological concerns. We work with children suffering from chronic illness, neurobehavioral issues, and traumatic brain injuries. For a child to be considered for admission to Cumberland Hospital, the following must be submitted to our admissions team:
- A letter of medical necessity from a treating physician. The letter should include:
- A statement referring the patient to Cumberland Hospital
- Diagnoses (both medical and behavioral)
- Treatments that have been tried prior to referral – -outcomes
- Why the patient needs to be admitted to Cumberland Hospital
- Six months of medical and behavioral health information
- Copy of most recent IEP and psychological evaluation if applicable
Once this information is received, the case is sent to our medical director for clinical approval. Upon approval, the case is submitted to the insurance company.
Cumberland works with all insurance companies including Medicaid, Tricare and Commercial Insurance. Please be advised that patients can be denied admission due to lack of medical necessity or out of network benefits.
Anyone interested in learning more about Cumberland Hospital is invited to schedule a tour of our facility. Please call the admissions office to schedule.
Cumberland Hospital also has a 16 bed Residential Treatment Center for Children ages 13-22 and 8-Bed Group home for severely developmentally delayed boys ages 8-22.
Our admissions team is happy to answer any questions. They can be reached at 1-800-368-3472.